Saturday, November 6, 2021

Girls' Night/Day



For the last 24 hours I have had the privilege of spending time with these exceptional women. A year ago during a mental crisis I asked them to come with me to the coast for a couple of days. They readily agreed and now we have a tradition of heading to the coast every six monthish. They are amazing, and husbands are amazing for recognizing how crucial these times are for everyone's survival. It's been a busy week between birthdays, vaccinations, and primary Sunday so I wasn't sure I was up for more. 

I was, mostly because they are so amazing at filling my cup, even if this time we only did one night. Driving out was treacherous. Flooding and lots of standing water made the trek crazy scary. But then lo and behold, the morning dawned completely and utterly breathtaking and we enjoyed a rare warm and sunny day on the coast. 

I love these wonderful faith-filled women and our very honest, faith-filled discussions. This time topics ranged from funerals and mushroom death suits to children to our claims to fame. I am so blessed with good friends, and I am thankful they call me theirs.

No comments: