Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hello world . . . or at least my family who loves me

Hello to my family who loves me and occasionally some friends. I have started a blog. Can you believe that sariasis.blogspot.com was not already taken?!! Crazy. I tell you Melissa you gave me the most awesome of nicknames. I get whatever I want with it.

So a couple of friends/family have mentioned that they would like to know about my life now that I am in the Wenatch. Matt's making fun of my new adventure in blogging. He claims that I have opened pandora's box for which all untold misery can and may befall me.

You will all be happy to know that I am happily and comfortably set up here in Wenatchee. I still have a few boxes laying around here and there but the motivation is gone. They will probably be in their current locations until we move again (who knows when that will be). When Matt graduated we told ourselves that we would work on those student loans before we looked into a house. But peer pressure is an awful thing. And now that we're here and all of our peers (with equal amounts of student loans AND children) have houses it has gotten us thinking and dreaming of being homeowners ourselves. I guess we'll see if Matt's desire for a house outweighs his horror of moving a few key pieces of very heavy furniture.

Since I am "working" from home these days I'll try to keep this posted fairly regularly. I love you all.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Do I get the honor of actually being the FIRST to comment on your blogoriffic blog? YES!!! I'm excited that you are doing this, and equally as excited to finally see the correct spelling of your city (glad you mentioned it in your post!) This is gonna be great! So much more fun than e-mailing!

Anonymous said...

I am so Lucky...the first one to say...go sara, go sara!!! I know you will do a better job at this than me!!

Jenn said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging Sara!!! It can get a bit addicting, but it's a blast!!! Feel free to "check in" on me through mine too! Love you tons!!!!!

Deanna said...

WOO HOO welcome to the ranks!!! I'm happy! :P

Jen Hicks said...

I am jealous. I want a blog page too. As soon as I have this kiddo, I will be at home more and bored. So, I can have one too. Brian is also anti blogging. I think it is a great way to journal and keep memories alive.

Yes, get a house now! Especially while the market is in a slump. Well, it is slumped in the 400 + price range here. California is really slumped. How is the market there? Anyways, we figured we can save enough to keep up with the rising costs when we bought a couple years ago. Sure love you tons.