Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Buying Houses . . . Maybe (2)

So just talking about buying a house makes me super nervous. I don't understand how people get excited about this. It just seems like such a life altering decision. Did any of you feel like you were signing away your life not to mention the lives of any unborn children you may ever have? If you did, how did you get over it? And how did you decide on which house you eventually bought? Really, I'm frought with worry about this and I don't worry about much. Any words of wisdom and experience would be super helpful and appreciated.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Dan and I were mostly excited, neither of us wanted to rent because we felt like we were just throwing away money that could go into an investment instead. Before we looked anywhere we decided on the price range we could afford with the projected income minus our usual living expenses. Then we looked at houses in that range and decided which features were most important to us (e.g. for me an open non-cramped kitchen was a must) and then started looking. While we looked we divided the houses we looked at into NO's and MAYBE's. Then we would pray about it and decide whether or not to make an offer. Anyway, there's the short version.... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You've become quite the blogging champ! I'm having fun catching up. I understand your desire to buy...keep in mind that the market is absolutely crazy right now and is most likely to go down in most places. We just sold a house and are thanking our lucky stars that we did and that we were able to (we lost a big chunk o change as well). If you plan on living there forever, buying a house would not be so scary. Otherwise, at this time I would be a little wary, but you may get a different answer. Don't mean to scare you:) I'm just so grateful to be renting right now:)

Emily Mc.