Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm soooo grateful

I am a grateful girl and this is why.

The power of prayer. The older I get the bigger fan I am. Nothing calms me down quicker or brings me more comfort and peace.

My fabulous husband. I'm not sure I believe in soul mates per se but I can't help but believe that there is no one better for me than him.

Really cheap power bills. See previous post. But let me just say $17!! Wahoo!

Getting to see my family and friends in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to be in Portland this week and Virginia the next. Matt is oh so sad to see me go but he'll be studying to take the bar at the end of the month anyway, so I'm not missing out on a lot of action here.

My new jobs. I love the flexibility they give me to work as much or as little as I want in a given week and for once be able to plan my work around my life and not the other way around.

My ward's playgroups. I love that I have been able to feel so integrated so much quicker than ever before because someone invited and I accepted.

The amazing families who have invite Matt and I over for dinner. I haven't really cooked a Sunday dinner since we got here. Speaking of which, we got invited over to different houses Friday and Saturday for dinner and we had another couple over for dinner on Sunday and Matt did so well playing with the kids and being super social. I was so proud of him!!!

The sure knowledge that we are supposed to be here and that the outpouring of love from our ward is the hand of God in action.

Feeling good about buying a house but not feeling rushed into it.

Learning about the beauty of putting blue cheese or Gorgonzola (doesn't really matter as long as it's got bite) on steak. It's revolutionized the way Matt and I think about grilling. Thank you 4th of July family!!

I could go on but I won't. Please be assured that I am doing well!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very glad to hear that things are going very well for Matt and you! Enjoy Summer!
Very kind regards
Moritz

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

I love it. There is no one better at making lists than Sara! I'll still have the ones you made for me like 10 years ago:) Miss ya!