Saturday, July 5, 2008

New Favorite

Okay, I have a new favorite thing about Wenatchee apart from all the free fruit I've been stockpiling. Matt and I have been using our air conditioning a lot these days because 1. it's wicked hot here, and 2. we can. I've never had air conditioning before. But after a couple of days Matt got really worried about how often it was on and we started having to compromise our usage. Today we got our bill - the moment of truth. I was a little nervous. I opened it to find a whopping $17 bill. $17!!! It's the most excited I've been in weeks!!! We had dinner at a friend's house tonight and they said that Wenatchee has the cheapest power in the NW, let's face it, probably in the world. Wahoo!! Wahoo!! So that's it. I was excited and I wanted to share the good news!!

1 comment:

Hilary Butler said...

I'm quite hopeful of having similarly cheap power in Bloomington. It could happen, right? I love the random joys of where people live, and how they fit into the pro/con lists of life!