Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Knowledge is Power

Even Quilting Knowledge. Yep, in about an hour I'm going to my very first quilting class and I couldn't be more excited. I've been counting down the days for the last two weeks the way I do when I get a haircut. Matt is flabbergasted by it all but it doesn't dampen my spirits one iota.
The class I am taking is only three hours long as covers the basics of the long-arm sewing machine. This machine takes up most of the space of an 8' x 10' room and is the best thing to happen to machine quilting since the advent of . . . something else really cool, like thread maybe.
Anyway, I have three unfinished projects that I have been absolutely dying to finish but need the class to teach me the tools I need to do it. So it's off to the Attic Window Quilt Shoppe (how do you feel about names like 'Shoppe' instead of 'Shop'?) I go to learn the tricks of the trade so I can feel the breeze of quilting-freedom running through my hair. Hmmm . . . maybe that last phrase was stretching it.

No comments: