Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Give Thanks Day Day 6


Today I am grateful for that moment, that hopefully all parents experience, when your love for your children evolves to respect for the unique and amazing individuals they have been loaned for a few years. That moment when you realize they may look like you or have some of your mannerisms but the essence to their beings is something completely their own. That moment when you see them and all of their talents and you wish you could be more like them. I am grateful for that moment.
 

From Matthew: People have asked me many times why I like the rainy Northwest weather, and I really don't have a great answer except that it's where I grew up and even though the sun is mostly obscured for a good portion of the year, there is so much green and fresh air I feel like it's worth it. I'm sure everyone likes their own version of "home" but the Northwest is mine, rain, clouds, grey and all.

No comments: