Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas Sunday

Last night we went to bed with the faintest hint of snow with the promise of less than an inch total. This morning we woke up to 4 or 5 inches of beautiful and magical winter wonderland. Church was cancelled which meant we did church with my parents at their house this afternoon. But this morning we reveled in more family bonding time.

After the kids had snowball fights of their own outside, Matthew and I joined in.

We went sledding down our perfect hill.

We enjoyed just being outside.

The kids enjoyed building a snow ghost and being buried alive while Matthew and I shoveled the driveway.

And then both kids indulged in bubble baths with bombs they got in their stockings yesterday. 

When we were clean and warm we headed back outside to walk to my parent's house for church. I charged the kids with either writing a talk about something they liked from the Living Christ Proclamation or singing a Christmas hymn as a solo. Both chose solos. Matthew I prepared very short remarks and my father ended with his testimony. I may have loved it all more than I do Christmas Sunday at real church (which is saying a lot). We played some more outside and inside and then ended up at home to learn and enjoy one of the games my sister Megan gave us for Christmas. Again, absolute perfection. The most perfect of Christmas weekends.

No comments: