Sunday, January 14, 2024

5th Grade - by Luca

 Fifth grade is AWESOME! I got Mr Level and he is strict, but not too strict. He is also very funny. We get to do all sorts of fun stuff. But the very first thing we did was make little work holders. They look like smaller paper versions of ourselves. After a little while, you get sorted into math groups via I-ready diagnostic. I'm pretty sure I got into the highest one. It gets pretty hard (and also pretty boring). The school manages to get a lot of days off which I think is pretty nice. The smart thing though is that they put grading days right after Halloween. This is the perfect idea because then the kids don't come in with bags full of candy, and heads full of sleep they missed out on last night. Then the long stretch to winter break began. The only break is Thanksgiving break, and that was like 3 or 4 days long. It's chock full of tests, worksheets, and boring group reads. The good news is that the recess situation got a lot better. Everyone seems to have grown over the summer so they don't cry as much which is good for my nerves. except one friend. She still cries a lot. Overall, I LOVE fifth grade so much. I would rate it a nine out of ten. 

                                       Sincerely,
Luca

No comments: