Thursday, January 18, 2024

Flight to Hawaii

Thursday. I woke up as pure optimism personified. Wednesday was calm in the storm and Thursday was the promise of all the good things. Here are a few of the joyful things that happened.

  1. A kind shuttle driver. She was the perfect way to start our day.
  2. A kind and joyful worker at Moe's (a restaurant in the airport) allowed me to alter my breakfast to incorporate veggies and then made it so thoughtfully for me.
  3. I met wonderful people who shared on our experience of missing the earlier flight and enjoyed instant camaraderie.
  4. Melissa and I enjoyed an unexpected 5-hour layover on Kauai by walking out of the airport in search of anything interesting. We made it to a lighthouse and made a new friend, Dee, who was travelling by herself.
  5. Melissa and I were sweaty and stinky when we got to the airport and I felt bad for the person assigned to sit next to me on my Kauai to Kona flight but I was blessed with the row all to myself.
  6. Instead of being irritated at having to wait 45 minutes when we finally arrived in Kona, I was able to stay calm and enjoy some needed downtime.
  7. I was completely unprepared for the instant connection I felt with the nine women I met, even after such a long day.
  8. Melissa and I agreed that the two days we spent together were a gift and that we were meant to create a relationship just the two of us.
Our dreamy weather on dreamy Kauai.

Melissa really wanted to see a lighthouse, so by golly, we found a lighthouse and took our picture in front of it. 

Me and Nagoya, the sloth, on my flight.

No comments: