Friday, January 19, 2024

Friday

We went ziplining and I had a blast as they taught me to zip upside down. Just about the most exhilarating thing I've ever done. 

See that sweet tall woman with the flower in her ear. Her dog died while I was trying to get to know her. It was a sad day for this poor woman, but she got loved on fiercely by these women.

Afterwards we swam in the pool created by a waterfall.



Followed by a serene walk through a botanical garden.

I felt God telling me today to be still and be ok with whatever energy I was able to give. After so many nights of not getting enough sleep, I was not functioning at full capacity. But with God's grace, the energy I did give came from a more positive place. I am naturally an authentic person, but I really appreciated the love I felt for myself, the area, the women around me that didn't become draining, because I wasn't trying to give more than I had.

So often I get burnt out with service. Today, knowing I wasn't operating at 100%, and allowing myself to be ok with whatever I had to offer, was liberating. I can be that more in my everyday life. And in turn, God makes up the difference and magnifies my widow's mite.

No comments: